Sunday, November 02, 2008

ALL THINGS 90s, again

Instead of writing and reflecting on current events and significant things in the moment, I will ignore the economic crisis and the upcoming election and reminisce on the wonderful past that has since escaped us, also known as THE AMAZING EPIC 1990S!!!

1. Sinbad
Everyone's favorite single-named actor/comedian, Sinbad, is one of my most precious memories of the wonderful decade.

Sinbad was the star of two of my favorite movies, House Guest and First Kid, both Oscar-worthy flicks. He single-handedly owned the comedy movie business for a few years.


2. Zig Zag Hair Parts

OH what a look. I remember my elementary & middle school class photos where I spent hours trying to make my part as zig-zaggity as possible. The lines had to be straight and I even had it going all the way down my head for pigtails or braids or whatever. BRING THAT SHIT BACK, YO. Maybe I'll just take it upon myself to bring that back. WATCH ME!


3. Lisa Frank

Lisa Frank's six color neon palette and drawings of bears, kitties and unicorns still tickle my fancy. I used to go to Rite Aid (at the time it was Thrifty) to buy my notebooks and folders, all of which would be Lisa Frank.

I AM GENERATION NOW.


4. Scotty Pippin

Speaking of folders and binders, I had a Scotty Pippin folder that I scored at a yard sale back in '96. I always liked his funny face and his serious basketball skills. Whatever happened to him?


5. Prodigy

Wh-hoaaaaaa. This music video scared the living shit out of me when I was younger, and now I love it. The pulsating lights and crazy makeup, amazing! EXHALE EXHALE EXHALEEEE!


On a closing note, I am grateful to have regained access to my blog and I hope everyone had a fun halloween. Peace out yall.
StumbleUpon

3 Comments:

Blogger JesseArg! said...

you forgot hands down THE MOST important part of sinbad's career.

11:26 AM  
Blogger rosemackey said...

i want a zigzag part and krimpted (spelling?)hair.

look dude i am reading your blog in paris

6:29 AM  
Blogger mark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home